The scientific research activities have been recognized as one of the most important strategic tasks for enhancing the prestige and brand-name of the university to the socio-economic environment and national industry, promoting the position of the university in the trend of integration and globalization.
Recently, Vietnam Maritime University is actively enhancing the exchanges of materials, researchers and faculty members, joint-research with overseas universities and academies, focusing on the fields of maritime control automation, shipbuilding technology, offshore construction, marine environment protection, climate changes, sea-port operation and management, logistics and supply chain, etc., which are vital matters of Vietnam's industries.
The magazine of Maritime Science and Technology with other papers of professors and lecturers have been regularly published and distributed widely in Vietnam and oversea. Many scientific researches of Vietnam Maritime University were published on the international magazines and journals such as SCOPUS (The largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature), SCIE (Science Citation Index Expand), etc and have been presented at international seminars and conferences such as IAMU AGA (International Association of Maritime Universities Annual General Assembly), ISME (International Seminar on Marine Engineering), IMLA (International Maritime Lecturers Association Seminar), ACMSSR (The Asia Conference on Marine Simulators and Simulation Research), etc.
The products of Vietnam Maritime University as its scientific research results have been recognized and certified by Class NK (Japan), and Bureau Veritas (France) for the world wide application.
Several key scientific researches projects at Governmental level and Ministry level in recent years
- Research on designing a simulation for the main propulsion plant and power stations of General Cargo Vessels;
- Research on designing and building up the simulation of marine propulsion plant and main switch board;
- Study on designing and manufacturing an equipment for utilizing Dimethyl Ether for diesel engines;
- Study on technological solutions and manufacturing an experimental equipment system to utilize the mixtures of vegetable oils - diesel oil for medium and small size marine diesel engines;
- Research on designing a simulation system of main switch board for training activities in Vietnam Maritime University;
- Research on multi-modal transport developing solutions for the Hanoi - Hai Phong – Con Minh corridor in the period from 2015 to 2025.
The scientific research activities have been determined by VIMARU as one of the most importantly strategic tasks for enhancing the reputation and brand-name of the University to the socio-economic environment and national industry, promoting the position of the University in the trend of integration and globalization.
IMARU products as its scientific research result have been recognized and certified by Class NK (Japan), Bureau Veritas (France) for the world wide application