1. Marine intelligent and automation systems
- Research and build intelligent antenna systems for marine applications
- Research and manufacture marine electronic and telecommunications systems and equipment for factories and shipbuilding companies in Vietnam
2. Materials and technology applied in marine – mechanical field
- Focus on technical research on metal materials and metal processing for marine and mechanical fields
- Study the structural nature of materials and the relationship between structure and material properties
3. Mechanics - Marine dynamics
- Research and application of Alternative Fuels (BIODIESEL, CNG, LNG) for diesel engines and ship boilers
- Research and develop standards and regulations on safety for water transport vehicles when using gaseous fuels
- Research and calculate the working cycle of Diesel engines and Hydrodynamics in propeller devices, heat transfer problems in ship equipment
- Research, design, manufacture and test automation equipment to control ship's propulsion system using hydro-pneumatic techniques with modern communication technology.
- Research the reasonable structure of the lifting machine, apply new calculation method and cold-formed thin steel material for the lifting machine.
- Research cargo handling equipment for lifting machines to meet modern loading and unloading requirements
- Research on an automatic system of loading and unloading container cargo for a dedicated port
4. Marine environment protection
- Research and apply a number of technological solutions to limit exhaust gas pollution from diesel engines and ship boilers to meet the standards according to Appendix VI/MARPOL
- Research a number of synchronous solutions (management, technology) to limit environmental pollution from ships in the port area and coastal waters
- Research, design, manufacture and test control devices for fueling of marine diesel engines in order to improve work quality and reduce environmental pollution;
5. Maritime Economy
- Research and propose solutions to build a green supply chain model in the North and the whole country
- Build an integrated multi-criteria decision-making model to effectively promote the network of logistics centers in a number of provinces and cities in the North and the whole country.
- Propose a logistics model connecting ports with economic zones by inland waterways in the North and the whole country
- Operation and management of seaports
- Logistics and supply chain.
6. Construction of waterways - seaports
- Conduct research on marine structures and continental shelf
- Carry out the tasks of researching and manufacturing physical modeling devices in hydraulic works
- Propose new structural solutions in hydraulic works
- Apply mathematical models to perform simulations in calculating hydraulic works
- Research and management of spatial landscape development planning, sea, islands, and coastal areas of Vietnam
- Research and apply information technology in planning and management of architectural works.
7. Shipbuilding - Floating works
- Key laboratory project - ship model test tank for product research and commercialization
- Development of new technology for building and repairing ships, high-performance ships, military ships of all kinds.
8. Maritime safety assurance field
- Research on technical measures to ensure maritime safety
- Research and apply advanced technical measures and technologies in surveying and making designs on land and under water
- Research on the interaction of floating structures and marine vehicles with the environment
- Analysis and assessment of marine risks and marine structures
- Research and propose measures to improve productivity and protect the environment in dredging, ...