Address: Room 408 - A6 Building - N.484 - Lach Tray Street- Le Chan District- Hai Phong City - Viet Nam
Organization and Personnel:
Head of Faculty: M.Sc Phan Van Chiem
Deputy Head: M.Sc Mac Van Nam
Deputy Head: Dr. Quach Thi Ha
Teaching staff: 28
Faculty of Political Theory, formerly known as Faculty of Marxist-Leninist was found and has developed since the Primary Navigation inception in 1956. August 1st 2008, in accordance with the Decision 1397/QĐ-TCCB of the President of the University, Faculty of Marxist-Leninist was officially renamed Faculty of Political Theory.
1. Functions and Assignments:
- Faculty of Political Theory - an integral part of Vietnam Maritime University is under direction and management of the Party Committee and the Management Board of the University to implement all tasks in accordance with the regulations of Ministry of Education & Training.
- Faculty of Political Theory is responsible to the University for teaching and studying political theory science, managing entire programs and plans, arranging teaching schedule, organizing to test political theory subjects for all classes and training systems.
- Faculty of Political Theory has tasks of political education, propagating the policy of the Party and Vietnamese Law; political and ethic education for all students, contributing to comprehensive education goals of the University; teaching and training the raising Party awareness classes, new Party members classes of the University’s Party Committee.
In 1976, Division of Marxist-Leninist renamed Faculty of Marxist-Leninist with 4 divisions: Philosophy, Political Economy, Socialism Science, History of Vietnam Communist Party.
In 2003-2004scholastic, Faculty of Marxist-Leninist undertook teaching in Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology subject and in 2006, Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology Dept. was officially found.
In accordance with the Decision of Ministry of Education & Training and Vietnam Maritime University, in 2005-2006, the Faculty held an end course political theory exam for students in official training systems.
In 2008-2009 scholastic, Faculty of Marxist-Leninist undertook teaching 3 subjects: The basic principles of Marxism-Leninism, Revolutionary Policy of Vietnam Communist Party, Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology.
- Merit by Prime Minister in 2004.
- Merit by the Minister of Ministry of Education and Training in 2007.
- "Excellent Labor Collective” continuous appellation from 2007 to 2011.
- The Faculty Fedaration was awarded Merit by Hai Phong Education Fedaration in 2009, 2011.
- Many lecturers was awarded Merit by the Minister of Ministry of Education & Training, by Vietnam Education Fedaration and the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Central.