Address: Room 912 - A6 Building - N.484 - Lach Tray Street- Le Chan District- Hai Phong City - Viet Nam
Telephone: 0225. 3735 655 - Fax: 0225. 3631 008
Organization and Personnel:
Head of Faculty: Ass.Prof., Dr. Dao Van Tuan
Deputy Head: Dr. Pham Van Trung
Deputy Head: Ass.Prof., Dr. Tran Khanh Toan
Teaching staff: 67 (Prof. & Ass. Prof.: 04, Ph.D & D.Sc: 10, MSc.: 46)
Number of Students: 1.411
- Division of Port Construction Engineering
- Division of Hydraulic Engineering
- Division of Civil & Industrial Engineering
- Division of Maritime Safety
- Division of Road & Bridge Engineering
- Division of Residential & Industrial Architecture
Typical teaching facilities: Hydraulics & Hydrology, Soil mechanics, Ground & foundation, Construction materials, Road & Bridge,etc
Major of education: Hydraulic Engineering, Maritime Safety Engineering, Civil & Industrial Engineering, Road & Bridge Engineering, Residential and Industrial Architecture
Noble awards: Labour Medal Third class (1995), Second class (2000)
The Faculty is a basis administrative unit of the University which help President of the University organize the training process of the majors in the assigned fields according to general training plan. Faculty also manages its official staffs, lecturers and students as devolved by the President.
- Manage and organize the training process, studying and teaching plans (including non-official training system)according to the University general plan:
+ Manage and organize 5 undergraduate training majors: Hydraulic Engineering, Maritime Safety Engineering, Civil & Industrial Engineering, Road & Bridge Engineering, Residential and Industrial Architecture
+ Masters degree training in majors: Hydraulic and Shipbuilding, Maritime Safety.
- Manage and organize the teaching of the Faculty subjects, co-ordinate with other units to train the Faculty’s majors related subjects for other Departments, Faculties of the University.
- Be responsible for designing ending module exams.
- Co-ordinate to build plan and implement training, enhanced foster profession and qualification for lecturers and officer staffs of the Faculty.
- Manage and organize the scientific research, practicing and production for officer staffs, lecturers and students.
- Comprehensive manage office staffs, lecturers and students of the Faculty, organize the Faculty bureau work, setting schedules, manage student marks. Co-ordinate with the Training Division and Student Affairs Division make a list of students permitted in exams, examine the curriculum, modules and graduation exam.
- Compile programs and textbooks for modules of Departments which are managed by the Faculty and the ones who are related to Faculty profession.
- Manage entire Faculty infrastructures and equipments as developed by the University.
1) Hydraulic Engineering
MOET code: D580203
Major Code: D110
Objectives: Graduates can master the knowledge and skills of construction management and implementation of design and scientific research related to port and waterway construction.
2) Maritime Safety Engineering
MOET code: D580203
Major Code: D111
Objectives: Students are educated with construction building and maritime safety of coastal and offshore transport activities with 3 core subjects: Maritime Safety Engineering, Offshore Construction & Hydrographic Survey.
3) Civil & Industrial Engineering
MOET code: D580201
Major Code: D112
Objectives: The major provides its students with the knowledge on structural analysis, drawing deployment, analysis on effectiveness of investment projects, optimization of structure and construction method of civil and industrial buildings.
4) Road & Bridge Engineering
MOET code: D580205
Major Code: D113
Objectives: Students are educated with knowledge of transport construction design aided by professional software, scheduling, construction organization, construction supervision and project management.
5) Residential and Industrial Architecture
MOET code: D580201
Major Code: D127
Objectives: Students are educated with the abilities on architecture and related fields such as planning, urban design, civil & industrial engineering, urban infrastructure; basic knowledge of theory, composition and preserve architectural heritage; basic knowledge of the legal system in the field of construction.